Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

I learned a valuable lesson today.

I learned that any attempt to clean a house while a toddler is up and about, is all in vain.  Case and point: I decided to sweep the floor in the kitchen and dining room.  Sounds easy huh?  Well, in my house....during waking hours of a certain toddler, it's easier said than done. 

Now trust me, my kitchen floor desperately needed a good sweeping.  There was quite an array of crunchy things on my floor.

So I started the process.  And made quick progress.  But to my shagrin....a young toddler who shall be nameless...found my swiffer and decided to "help" me with my piles.  His version of helping is to spread it all back out so I have to do it again!!!  Yeah, not my idea of productivity!  I retrieve the swiffer from him.  But he is smarter than me and heads back to the pantry and gets the mop!!  Before I can stop him, there goes the Froot Loops...all over the floor again.

I finally got the upper hand and removed the hazardous material from my floor.  It took skill and agility and just a little more intelligence than a toddler. 

I feel accomplished! 

2 comments:

  1. That is the story of my life! I feel like I can only clean when Luke is at home and can occupy Emma and prevent her from "helping" me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave RJ at school on Friday afternoons even though I get off at noon for this sole purpose! So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete